Rental Criteria and Application Disclosure
We pledge to honor the letter and spirit of the U.S. Policy for the Achievement of Equal Housing Opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support a program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of Race, Color, Religion, National Origin, Sex, Handicap and Familial Status.Additionally, should any state or local law offer more protection, we shall adhere to those laws as well.
Our leasing consultants will be happy to show applicant(s) our available rental homes at absolutely no charge to you. You may also preview our properties 24 hours a day on-line at www.talentrpm.com
Application Processing and Time Frame:
- All adult occupants over the age of 18 must submit a fully completed, dated, and signed rental application, provide additional proof, and application fee(s) before the application(s) will be processed.
- No rental property will be held vacant for more than 10 days unless otherwise approved by Real Property Management Talent.
- Processing an application normally takes between two (2) to three (3) business days. In some cases, the approval of common interest Associations, homeowners or unforeseen circumstances may require a longer processing period. Please be assured that Real Property Management Talent will contact applicant(s) immediately upon determination of approval or denial.
- Upon receipt of applicant(s) rental application and application fee(s), you can expect and hereby authorize that Real Property Management Talent will: (1) check applicant(s) credit report, (2) check the public records for any past evictions, (3) verify applicant(s) employment, (4) verify applicant(s) previous landlord references, and (5) conduct a criminal background check. Co-signers may be considered on an individual basis.
- Applications that are dis-approved will be notified within 3 business days after the date of the full application submission in writing via USPS, email or text message unless otherwise agreed upon.
- All initial funds (e.g., holding deposit, first month’s rent, security deposit) must be paid by cashier’s check, money order, or credit card, payable to Real Property Management Talent. Payments in subsequent months may be paid by electronic check or personal check.
- If applicant(s) decide to apply to rent a property from Real Property Management Talent there is a $50.00 per person (over the age of 18) application fee that is non-refundable upon processing the application. This application fee must accompany the completed application form provided.
- Some Common Interest Associations / HOAs may require a separate application and fees. If this is the case, applicant(s) must also apply separately to the Association and remit whatever additional application fee may be required, the Association may have the final decision on applicant approval.
Resident Criteria: Identification
- Valid current government-issued Driver’s License or State ID and Social Security Number is required. Other valid forms of identification are Passport, Visa, Military ID, Permanent Resident care, ITIN, etc.
Resident Criteria: Income
- Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least three (3) times the monthly rent.
- Income must be verified in writing using any of the following: two (2) most recent months of paystubs, 3 months of bank statements, signed offer letter, employment contract, SSI, VA, or retirement benefits statements.
- Self-employed applicants may be required to produce two (2) years of signed tax returns, six (6) month’s bank statements or IRS 1099 forms.
Resident Criteria: Employment
- Present employment will be verified for the length of employment and salary. Applicant must be employed for at least 6 months (total employment history). If employed less than on (1) year with current employer, we may also verify prior employment. Written verification from the employer is required.
- New US residents will be required to submit an I-9.
Resident Criteria: Residential History
- A minimum of 3 year’s residential history is required.
- Real Property Management Talent will verify rental history in writing during processing of your application. Rental history must be rated satisfactory or better, with no record of evictions.
- Rental history reports from previous landlords should reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints (e.g., noise, disturbances, illegal activities), no NSF checks, and no damage to rental property or failure to leave the property clean and without damage when you left the property.
Resident Criteria: Credit History
- Real Property Management Talent will run a comprehensive credit screening.
Many factors are involved in this screening decision including but not limited to: credit score, length of credit, slow pays, ratio of accounts in good standing, open collection accounts, etc.
- Real Property Management Talent reserves the right to deny applications or require additional fees or deposits for applicants with less than satisfactory credit screenings.
- Should an applicant(s) application be denied due to credit, Real Property Management Talent will not provide applicant(s) with the credit report or tell applicant(s) of its contents. However, Real Property Management Talent will provide applicant(s) with the name of the credit reporting agency, so applicant(s) may receive a copy from that agency.
- Guarantors may be allowed on a case-by-case basis only for insufficient credit/income only and must submit a separate application and pay the applicable application fee. Applicants with poor rental or criminal history are not eligible for a guarantor. Guarantors must pass all screening criteria and must meet four (4) times the rental rate in monthly income.
- Guarantors will be held responsible for the entire lease, all tenants, and all sums due under the lease agreement.
Resident Criteria: Criminal History
- All applicants must pass a criminal screening (includes terrorist watch list and sexual offender registry) with a 7 year look-back period. Felonies of any kind will not be accepted. Misdemeanors require manual review. Crimes of violence, fraud, property damage, or theft are automatically denied.
- Occupancy is limited to a maximum of 2 occupants (over the age of 2 at time of move in) per bedroom. Ex:
- 1 bedroom unit = 2 occupants
- 2 bedroom unit = 4 occupants
- 3 bedroom unit = 6 occupants
- ALL applicants must submit a pet screening at https://talentrpm.petscreening.com/ whether or not they have any pets.
- No animals (with the exception service or emotional support animals with proper credentials) of any kind are permitted without the specific written permission of Real Property Management Talent in the lease document (i.e., a pet addendum to lease) and an additional one-time non-refundable pet fee of $250 per pet and monthly pet rent of $25 per pet. Some properties may require higher pet fees or higher rent and/or security deposit amounts. If a higher pet fee or rent and/or security deposit amount is required, you will be notified at the time of the application.
- Many properties have specific policies for types of pets allowed and may have additional restrictions as to the breed and/or size limit of allowed pets. Each property will list allowed pets on the web listing.
- All approved pets must be fully vaccinated and added to the lease.
- Generally, any pets other than dogs or cats are not permitted unless otherwise approved by the property owner. Examples of restricted pets: birds, fish/animals in large fish tanks, reptiles, spiders, guinea pigs, rabbits, pigs, goats, livestock, etc.
- Restricted breeds may include but are not limited to: Staffordshire Terriers, American Pit Bull Terriers, Staffordshire Terriers, Doberman Pinschers, Rottweilers, Chow Chows, Presa Canerios, Dalmations, American Bulldog, Cane Corso, Mastiffs, German Shepherds, Wolf Hybrids, Akitas, Alaskan Malamute, Siberian Huskies
- Rents quoted are the rental amounts due if paid on time, (on or before the 1st of each month). Otherwise, late and/or fees will be assessed.
- Multiple Applications –Real Property Management Talent may receive multiple applications from unrelated individual applicants on the same property at approximately the same time. If such is the case, we will process applications for consideration based either as they are received complete (with all fees paid) or on a highest and best offer basis. Only one (1) will eventually be approved. If your application is acceptable but not the approved for the property for which you are applying, you may consider applying for other available properties that we may have without payment of an additional application fee, or the fee (minus the $5.00 processing fee) will be refunded to you.
- Rental Criteria and Application Disclosure is an integral part of my/our rental application. I/we do hereby acknowledge that I/we understand and agree to the terms of application and rental process as described herein.
- If You Fail to Sign Lease Contract After Approval. Unless Real Property Management Talent authorizes otherwise in writing, applicant and all co-applicants must sign the Lease Contract within 24 hours after we give applicant(s) approval in person, by telephone, text or by email. If applicant or any co-applicant fail to sign as required, Real Property Management Talent may terminate all further obligations under this Agreement.
- Withdrawal Before Approval. Applicant or any co-applicant may not withdraw application. If applicant or any co-applicant withdraws an application or notifies Real Property Management Talent of intent to withdrawal application(s) for the property, Real Property Management Talent will retain all Application Fees as liquidated damages, and the parties will then have no further obligation to each other.
- Completed Application. An application will not be considered “completed” and will not be processed until all the following have been provided to Real Property Management Talent: a separate Application has been fully filled out and signed by each applicant, Income verification and photo identification upload, pet screening, and application fees paid.
- Non-approval. We will notify you whether you have been approved within 3 days after the date we receive a completed Application. If your Application is considered “disapproved,” notification may be in person, by mail, or by telephone unless you have specifically requested that notification be by mail.
- Signing the application acknowledgment indicates that applicant(s) have had the opportunity to review the Real Property Management Talent rental criteria. The rental criteria may include factors such as criminal history, credit history, current income, and rental history. If applicant(s) do not meet the selection criteria, or if applicant(s) provide inaccurate or incomplete information, applications may be rejected, and application fee(s) will not be refunded.